Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ultimate Workout Mix


I get bored very quickly with music so I have to constantly change up my workout mix which is an essential part of my routine. A great mix can increase my performance two or three fold. A good beat gives me the extra energy to lift harder or run longer. I'm constantly looking for new tunes to keep myself going. So I thought I would share my most recent mix in hopes that someone will share their mix with me. I have to admit my genre for working out has to be fast, high energy. I typically like club mixes, hip hop, dance, electronic, etc., for working out. I like a lot of genres of music but when I'm in the gym I need this style. If you have similar taste please share your favorite tunes.

Here is my latest workout mix:

  • Punkbitch by 3oh3
  • I can't Do it Alone by 3oh3
  • Don't Trust Me by 3oh3
  • Richman by 3oh3
  • 20 Dollar by MIA
  • Fire Burning The Dancefloor by Sean Kingston
  • That's Not My Name by the Ting Tings
  • Shut Up and Let Me Go by the Ting Tings
  • Feel the Beat by Darude
  • Battleflag by Low Fidelity Allstars
  • Foundations by Kate Nash (I know, weird one but I think this is my wife's theme song for me)
  • You Sping Me Right Round by Flo Rider
  • Still D.R.E by Dr. Dre (I know old school--like to reset my pallet with old school Dre)
  • Party and Bullshit by Ratatat (Ratatat Remix of Biggie Smalls Song)
  • The Hand That Feeds by Nine Inch Nails
  • Poker Face by Lady Gaga (Okay, this one is lame but it has a great beat for running)
  • Dance Mix by DJ Danny D
I have some others in my mix but I'm too embarrassed to admit what they are. I'll start with this in hopes others will share some killer beats I can add to my mix.

1 comment:

Creative Sherpa said...

120-140 beats per minute (BPM) seems to be the magic range for workout tunes.

A couple of tools to find songs that are within that zone:

* BeatScanner

* MixMeister BPM Analyzer

Plus, if anyone call you out on your song choices you can explain to them that the only reason that it's in the mix is because of the songs BPM.