Friday, February 13, 2009

What's Going On at adidas These Days?!?!

First of all....it's a big weekend for adidas. Check out Dwights invite....

Click Here!

And it's been a little over a year and a half since I've started at adidas....and I'm still waking up ever single day and getting ready for my next win!

If you were to visit my office you would see our Impossible is Nothing mantra written across one wall. You would also see a life size wall picture of Mohamed Ali, a lighted Originals globe and wall banner, and many other adidas Sport Performance and Sports Style artifacts. You can’t help to be consumed by the brand when you have first hand visibility into what it represents.

When I started at adidas and told people I work here I would hear all kinds of stories. People would tell me about their first pair of adidas or recall one of their early childhood sporting events where they wore adidas product. One technology vendor told me that he used to breakdance on cardboard boxes wearing adidas Superstars. When I was recruiting and conducting interviews I started looking forward to hearing about people’s connection with the brand and hearing their stories.

About a year into my role an employee from our Germany Headquarters was visiting and presented on the history of our organization. He is someone that has been with the organization for a while and traveled all over the world. He also had the opportunity to speak with many people that actually had worked directly with adi Dassler. He told us how adi would fill a bag with shoes, throw it over his shoulders and pass them out to athletes at sporting events. Those must have been the days! That same spirit lives on today.

Last....and important announcement went out this week. adidas Group has made the list of the worlds 100 most sustainable companies. This is our 5th time in a row making it on the list. If you are interested you can read more about it here: www.global100.org

So in short...life at adidas is great!

2 comments:

JustJessi said...

Congrats on all of your hard work and glad to hear you are still waking up happy to be a part of it!

Jobs in Ireland said...

Employees happy, everybody is happy.