Friday, May 20, 2005

Welcome to Recruiting Revolution

Welcome--Recruiting Revolution

Everything evolves--some things evolve rapidly and other things evolve slowly. In the case of my blog it will evolve quickly. Did you know that the tallest people and the shortest people in the world live within several miles of each other in Africa--that's a different story though. I just got back from a PR confernece--I'm not a PR practioner but I recruit PR people for the firm I work for. There was a lot of talk around how blogs were changing the media landscape. The one thing I took away from this was that blogs could be used for really good things--as long as people posted honestly and produced content that was useful and forward thinking. So I'm changing my blog for the good of the communmity. The recruiting community is the one that I'm focussed on. I've read several recruiting blogs and I haven't been impressed. It's not to say that there aren't good ones out there--I just haven't seen anything with real substance yet. You see the same old stuff. Not only that, you see the same old underlying business solutions presented for every industry. I don't see anything that is really ground breaking...so, this will be my attempt to break ground...some rules --I will probably start writing a little more in bullet style; straight to the point and content rich --My stuff will be raw, edgy, maybe controversial in the field--but always honest and fair --I won't dog a product or process unless I know it thoroughly And that's about it--the purpouse will be to help better the field. I'm getting away from writing about health, although--I may mix things up a bit from time to time.

No comments: